Part 11- rectangular Tool Holder
UNIVERSAL TOOL AND CUTTER GRINDER
- The Rectangular 7/8” X 7/8” opening of the Tool holder will hold just about anything you can put into it. (Could easily be opened up to 1” X 1”, maybe more)
- Length of the part to be ground is not limited because the opening goes the length of the tool.
- The front stick-out and grinding area is limited to the swing of the Index Head.
- Movements are limited to the Top Slide (in and out or X & Y) and the Swing of the Index Head.
- Grind complex and repeatable angles on cutting tools. More on this topic is later articles.
Special Tool Holders
Grind Precision radius's
Rectangular Tool Holder:
Let me begin with this tool will work with no modifications.
I think that checking and repairing the Dovetail (see Part 10) is important however,
it will work “as is”.
The changes I made over time are improvements I made to make the tool better
for my use and suggestions for my readers. Many experimental changes I made
are not included primarly because they did not work or did not help improve the tool.
Terminology of parts Disclaimer:
Several names of the parts have been taken from the Deckel Catalog; to insure you the reader, will always know what part I am referring to. I have applied the identification of parts from other machines, catalogs and some I created for a clear description of the parts function, (eg. Top Slide Tool Holder).